It is no longer just about what you can create with your hands, but with your vision, work system, innovation and inspiration. Simply put, your leadership ability becomes a more important skill than your stylist.
1) Being a good leader takes timea lot of time: The more time you spend working as a stylist, the more work you’ll accumulate as a salon leader. The tasks of a salon owner are more than you can imagine. If they accumulate, small problems become mountains. This leads to an ineffective work system and the loss of many opportunities get from hudroom.com.
2) The time bomb: Do you bring a lot of money to the salon working as a stylist? It may seem like an advantage, but it really isn’t. The fact that most of the profits are generated by you means that the business could not continue without you. This mechanism is a real time bomb, which can explode at any moment. Remember that you are the owner of the salon, and that the day will come when you will have to leave the operational part to your team.
3) Excellence is something that is achieved: To achieve quality and consistency in your salon you need time, training, practice and persistence. If you expect to achieve excellence without working hard in all aspects that allow you to achieve it, you would have to change the way you see things. Do you want excellence? Work hard as a leader!
4) Control profits: Many salon owners hate numbers: However, leading a successful business means first of all having an accurate and detailed financial plan. The numbers measure the level of efficiency of your work system. If you ignore the numbers you will not be able to progress and grow at the rate you have set for yourself.
5) Create career plans: Do you know what is the biggest difficulty you will have to face as the owner of a beauty salon? When one of your best employees decides to leave the salon, to pursue a better job opportunity, all the training you’ve given them and the time invested in improving their skills is lost. To avoid this problem as much as possible, create a career plan within your salon.