Many automobile insurance companies have questionnaires on their websites where a person interested in finding out the cost of their auto insurance can get a quote online. The questionnaires are basic, asking for a vehicle type and driving history information. Comparing auto insurance costs and coverage online is very time efficient and can be done at the shopper’s convenience.
Many insurance companies encourage their customers to buy now and pay later car insurance online, decreasing the company’s overhead costs. The lower the overhead cost of the company, the lower the cost of the insurance they can pass on to their customers. Some insurance companies allow customers to file claims online to keep their overhead costs low. In addition to comparing Insurance on the spot coverage and costs online, many auto insurance companies offer the customer the ability to purchase coverage online without ever talking to a salesperson if that is the customer’s preference. They are also available for individuals who would rather speak with a live person to have their questions or concerns addressed.
Is it worth your time to compare Insurance on the spot online, even if you are satisfied with your current provider? Most people stay with the insurance company they first signed with and do not routinely go insurance shopping. The insurance industry is a large and competitive market. By comparing auto insurance online, you may find that you can get a higher coverage rate than you currently have with your company. You may contact another insurance company with the same coverage rate with a lower premium. Everyone is looking for ways to reduce these expenses these days, so it could be well worth checking out.
Saving Money on Insurance on the spot
The average Insurance on the spot premium cost is between $800 and $1000 per year. Depending on the auto insurance company, the premium may be due monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or yearly.
If you are looking to cut the cost of your Insurance on the spot premiums, the following are some suggestions:
- Many automobile insurance coverages will reduce their rates for long-term customers with a good driving record (i. e., not involved in accidents or not receiving speeding tickets).
- Just because you have been with the same automobile insurance company for years, check with other companies to see if you can get the same, or perhaps even better, coverage with another insurance company. You can do comparison shopping of automobile insurance companies either online or by phone and get a quote by answering a series of basic questions.
- Some insurance companies offer homeowners or renters insurance and automobile insurance. If so, check to see if they offer multi-policy discounts to their customers.
- Some Insurance on the spot companies will reduce their rates if the auto owner agrees to install a tracking device in their vehicle. This tracking device is similar to the “little black box” placed in airplanes.
- Do not pay for unneeded auto insurance coverage. For example, if you are driving an older vehicle that you own, it may not be cost-effective to have auditory collision coverage or comprehensive coverage on the older car. So, know the value of your vehicle and do not have auto insurance coverage for more than your car is worth.
- You can decrease your auto insurance premium by increasing your deductible level. If you are involved in an accident, you will be required to pay more, but you will pay less on your monthly premium.
- Pay your auto insurance premium on time. This is important because your auto insurance provider may cancel your policy due to nonpayment, and you may need to find another insurance company with more expensive premiums. Many insurance companies offer the option of automatic monthly payment where the tip will be electronically taken from your checking account.
- Do your research and purchase a vehicle that does not have a high theft rate and a car with an anti-theft device. These options may decrease your premium.
- The make and model of the vehicle can affect the cost of your auto insurance premium. For example, the insurance premiums on a flashy, expensive sports auto will be higher than the rate on a sedan or minivan.
- The number of miles you drive annually may affect the cost of your insurance premium. The more time you spend on the road, the higher the risk of being involved in an accident. Many auto insurance companies will offer discounts to drivers who drive less than a certain number of miles per year.
- File claims with your auto insurance company sparingly. Lots of claims increase the cost of your premiums. Do not file a claim for a small item like a broken tail light or a scratch.
When comparing Insurance on the spot online, first ensure you know what type of automobile insurance coverage is required in the state where your vehicle is registered. If you currently have an automobile insurance policy that fits the state requirements, use it to compare the coverage, deductible, and premium costs that other insurance companies offer. In other words, compare the coverage type you need and the same level/type of coverage with each company.
These benefits of comparing Insurance on the spot online include:
- You can pick a convenient time to search for automobile insurance costs – the internet is open 24/7.
- You can make cost comparisons quickly for several automobile insurance companies.
- You are not talking with someone trying to sell you something. There is no pressure, no hassle. You are not talking with a salesman giving you the “hard sell.”
- You do not feel obligated to buy anything from this company, even though they offer dirt cheap car insurance. Remember, cheaper is not always better; check out the rating of the insurance company with the
Better Business Bureau before you make the switch. Make sure it is a stable company, an unstable company may go out of business, and you are again in front of the computer looking for another insurance company.